Manitoba Hydro offers a comprehensive benefits package and working conditions that provide a work environment that allows employees to have a balanced approach to family, work, and community.
One of our most valued benefits is our nine-day work cycle which normally provides every other Monday off.
We provide a wide range of health benefits including:
- Prescription Drug;
- Vision Care;
- Health Spending Account;
- Travel Health Coverage;
- Other Health Benefits including ambulance and physiotherapy.
We provide programs and services designed to provide financial security including:
- Pension Plan;
- Sick Leave to cover short-term disability;
- Long-Term Disability;
- Group Life Insurance Coverage.
We provide programs and services designed to provide work/life balance including:
- Nine-day work cycle (normally every other Monday off);
- Maternity, Parental, and Adoptive Parent Leaves;
- Bereavement and Family Responsibility Leaves;
- Flex-Time and Telecommuting arrangements depending on nature of work and work location;
- Employee Assistance Program;
- Self-Funded Leave Plan;
- Employee Relocation Program;
- Numerous discount packages for athletic and cultural events.
We provide eligible employees who work in our northern communities with additional benefits including:
- Northern Allowance;
- Subsidized Accommodations;
- Northern Vacation;
- Medical Travel Provisions;
- Patient Travel Allowance;
- Northern Education Supplement.