Commercial Custom Measures
Reduce operating costs and improve system performance at your facility with electric and natural gas upgrades. The Custom Measures program addresses energy efficient projects that are not part of an existing Power Smart commercial program.
Financial incentives may be available for your project.
Eligible projects, technologies, and measures
Typical projects include electrical and/or natural gas measures that will:
- use more efficient equipment or systems;
- recover and reuse energy that is currently lost;
- reduce the rate of energy consumption by systems or equipment in low occupancy periods;
- eliminate unnecessary energy use by shutting off idling or unneeded equipment;
- capture and use solar energy for heating air or water.
Eligible technologies/measures include:
- developing waste energy recovery systems for refrigeration, exhaust air, and drain-water;
- upgrading existing inefficient natural gas domestic hot water and space heating equipment;
- replacing inlet vanes and discharge damper volume controls on existing fan systems with variable speed drive systems;
- replacing inefficient fluid pumping and refrigeration compressor systems with variable speed drive systems;
- integrating system control strategies using Direct Digital Control or conventional control systems;
- replacing mechanical cooling systems with groundwater cooling systems;
- installing solar air and water heating systems.
Not eligible: Any measure that provides energy savings by switching to another conventional energy source.
Read customer profiles about successful partnerships between the Custom Measures Program and Power Smart for Business customers:
||Running time (8:26)|
Riverview Health Centre and SNC Lavalin Profac participated in custom projects to save energy at their facilities. The Custom Measures program includes solar initiatives, Demand Control Ventilation (DCV), Building Energy Management Systems, and energy waste recovery, among others.